- This event has passed.
Beginner Quilt making class
November 12 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
One event on November 12, 2022 at 9:30 am
One event on December 10, 2022 at 9:30 am
Beginner Quilt Making Class Part 1 of 3 Attraction
In this 3 part class learn all the basics of quilt making.
For class 1 (October 1st) Build skills, like cutting fabric with a rotary cutter. how to make a 1/4 inch seam, pattern reading, and quilt assembly.
For class 2 (November 12th) We will be adding borders. Making a quilt sandwich & straight line quilting with a walking foot.
For class 3 (December 10th) We will be Trimming our quilts to size and learning how to do binding.
All classes will cost $29.00 plus supplies.
Beginner Quilt Class Supply List
- Sewing Machine (Foot pedal if you use one)
- ¼” piecing foot
- Fabric Café Attraction pattern
- Rotary Cutter & Cutting Mat
- Seam Ripper
- Light Colored Piecing Thread & Matching Bobbin
- Iron and Ironing Mat
- Walking foot if you have one
- Fabric Marking Pen (heat removeable or water soluble)
- Walking foot that will not be needed until the 2nd class
- At least a 2” x 24” for cutting fabric strips (it can be larger)
- 3 ½” x 3 ½” and/or 9 ½” x 9 ½” Square Up Ruler (This is to square up the blocks)
- 3 different fabric choices and you need 1 yard cut from each fabric
- Your binding needs to be 1/3 yard cut of whatever fabric you want
- Can either be 3 yards of a 45” wide fabric or 1 ½ yards of a fabric that is 90” or wider
- You won’t need this the 2nd class
- Batting of your choice that is at least 50” x 70”
- You won’t need this until the 2nd class