- This event has passed.
Handi Quilter Event
June 11 @ 9:00 am - June 12 @ 4:00 pm$45
This event is June 11th- 12th. There will be 4 classes offered 2 per day. Each class will be 3 hours long and contain different information and skills to learn. (Below is information of each class). Each class is $45 and must be paid in advance. We are limiting attendance due to covid. There is a place below you can purchase your tickets. We will have a certified Handi Quilter Educator by the name of Micki Chappelear.
- On the 11th from 9am-12pm: Class 2-B – Step-by-Step Plans for Custom Quilting
Class Description: Every wanted to try custom quilting? Learn how to put together a whole quilt
design – including borders, backgrounds and blocks – using some simple tips and tricks. By
picking an overall theme for your designs, we’ll adapt the designs to fit in your quilting style.
Everything from basic designs to modern updates on classics will be featured in this class for all
• Put together a custom design plan for your quilt
• Pick one motif and then find designs that complement it
• How to quilt borders and blocks larger than the quilting frame
• Auditioning designs using Preview Paper
• Tips and tricks for making your designs fit
- On the 11th from 1pm-4pm: Class 2-D – Fear No Feather!
Class Description: Love feathers but are afraid to try them? You will conquer your feather fears
in this class. We’ll start with easy ways to quilt beautiful feathers. Building off a basic spine,
you’ll learn how to draw different types of feather plumes, their stitch paths, and how to make
them fit into lots of different spaces. We’ll explore putting the perfect feather into a border
and even quilting around the corner. Soon you’ll be quilting feathers on all your quilts!
• Feather backbones and spines
• Feather stitch paths and shapes, making them continuous
• Fitting feathers into blocks and circles
• How to put feathers in a border
• Feathers as an overall quilt design
- On the 12th from 9am-12pm: Class 4-B – It Ain’t All Cotton and Batting! (Other Ideas for Quilting on a
Class Description: Have you even wanted to break away from your quilting cotton and really
see what your longarm can do? You can piece, quilt on unique fabric, bind your quilts and lots
of other great time saving techniques on your longarm. Find out what your longarm can really
do and get ready to get more projects done.
• Cut away applique and “slap-lique” techniques
• Embellishing and couching
• Binding your quilts on the frame
• Projects from beginning to end
• Lots of great tips and tricks for your longarm
- On the 12th from 1pm-4pm: Class 5-A – Introduction to the Pro-Stitcher
Class Description: Pro-Stitcher is an intuitive computer-guided quilting system designed
especially for use with Handi Quilter longarm quilting machines. User-friendly and simple to
operate, the step-by-step process for each function is easy and fun. Whether finishing your own
quilts or consider a quilting business, come see the elegant and precise quilting you can
accomplish with Pro-Stitcher. New owners – start here!
Part 1 Topics Include:
• Overview of support resources available on-line
• Overview of menu and basic functions and design catalog
• Place a block design using Skew, Resize, XForm and Align
• Demonstration of the Pro-Stitcher Simulator
• Overview of PS Designer ™